Food & Drink
“Food is an important part of a balanced diet” [Franz Lebowitz]
Meal times are a special part of everyday life in Southcare Homes. Our residents are consulted on menus and our professional Chefs plan a choice of nutritionally balanced meals for each day of the week. Our team use fresh ingredients to prepare delicious meals, taking account of dietary requirements or allergies. Our aim is to meet your needs. We use local suppliers and have regular deliveries in order to prepare fresh meals on a daily basis. Special diets are catered for and residents have the choice to have their meals in the dining room or in the privacy of their own room. At all Southcare Homes we cater for specific diets such as diabetic and religious dietary requirements or cultural cuisines.
A typical day is like this:
- Breakfast includes a choice of cereal, porridge, toast or cooked breakfast
- At mid-morning we offer tea, coffee and biscuits
- Two hot options and cold dishes are on offer at lunchtime
- Afternoon tea is often served with cakes, pastries and scones
- In the evening there is a wide selection of hot and cold meals
- Evening and night time snacks are also available if you’d like them
Tea and coffee is available with all meals and throughout the day. Cold drinks are also available daily in communal areas, as is fresh water, which can be placed in your room if requested.
We do not generally serve wine and beer with our meals but we don’t mind if you bring alcoholic drinks into any of our homes as long as there is no medical reason why alcohol should not be consumed.